On Thursday 07 November, users were notified by email of a new data expiry feature to remove inactive research data from /nesi/nobackup/ storage, a.k.a the “nobackup” filesystem. This will apply to data which hasn’t been accessed or modified within the last 120 days, stored in a nobackup project directory that takes up at least 1 TB of disk space. More information is available on NeSI Support: https://support.nesi.org.nz/hc/en-gb/articles/360001162856
We have scheduled two dates for a 30-min information webinar on this topic, and both sessions will be recorded in case neither date works for you:
• Thursday 14 November – 12:30 - 1:00 pm – RSVP here
• Tuesday 26 November – 1:00 - 1:30 pm – RSVP here
This presentation will provide a summary of:
• how this new data expiry feature is being implemented
• timelines for roll-out & implementation
• what this means for your project data
• best practice suggestions for managing your data stored on NeSI
There will also be time for questions and discussion on the above points or others raised during the webinar.
If you have any questions or would like more information about these webinars, please contact Support.