On Wednesday 09 October, we will walk through a few quick tips and basic best practices for moving your research data onto NeSI's HPC platform. This will be a valuable training session for anyone new to using NeSI or new to high performance computing in general.
Wednesday 09 October
1:00 - 1:45 pm
Zoom videoconference (all registrants will be emailed the connection details)
Anyone interested in this session is encouraged to register online:
In order to get the most out of this training, it is strongly recommended that you:
- Have a NeSI account and an active project on NeSI systems
- Have access to a computer for the session
- Are able to login to a Unix system
- Are comfortable with typing Unix and git commands (e.g you can clone git repositories, and navigate files/ directories)
- Are able to use an editor (like nano or vim for example) to do things like open, edit, save, and close a file.
- Have some knowledge of Python and C/C++
If you have any questions or would like more information about this session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.