WinSCP is an SCP client for windows implementing the SSH protocol from PuTTY.
WinSCP can be downloaded here.
1. Add a New Site and set:
- File protocol to SCP
- Enter in Host Name:login.mahuika.nesi.org.nz or login.maui.nesi.org.nz
- Enter your NeSI Linux username into User name: (Password optional)
5. Open Advanced Settings.
6. Navigate to Connection > Tunnel and set:
- Enable 'Connect through SSH tunnel.
- Under 'Host Name:' enter 'lander02.nesi.org.nz'
- Under 'User name: enter your username. (Password optional)
10. OK > Save
Setup for PuTTY Terminal (Optional)
If you plan on using the PuTTY terminal (and have it installed), login can be streamlined by:
1. Open 'Tools > Preferences'
2. Under Integration > Applications enable Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY
Setup for Xming (Optional)
Xming is an X server for Windows allowing graphical interface with the HPC and can be downloaded here.
1. Install Xming following the prompts. (Make sure 'Normal PuTTY Link SSH Client' is selected).
2. Under Integration > Applications and add -X after PuTTY/Terminal client path.
3. Restart your session.
Files can be dragged, dropped and modified in the WinSCP GUI just like in any windows file system.
Will open a PuTTY terminal. Assuming you followed the steps setting up PuTTY, this should automatically enter in your details.
Will open the default WinSCP terminal, while the functionality is identical to any other terminal the interface is slightly abstracted, with a separate window for input and command history drop-down.
Type here to change directory. The GUI doesn't follow your current terminal directory like MobaXterm so must be changed manually. (Recommend making this larger as the default is very hard to type in).
Bookmark current directory.
You will be required to authenticate again on your first file operation of the session. The second prompt for you 2FA can be skipped, just the same as with login authentication.