Note: after the system upgrade of July 2018, some of the Globus endpoints or data-transfer nodes (DTN) which are named in this documentation will no longer be in service. Please check back for updated information once the new filesystems are in use.
1) register with Globus for an ID
2) Identify NeSI Data Transfer Nodes
The NeSI cluster machines have been configured to act as Globus Data Transfer Nodes (or endpoints). Associate your cluster filesystem with the following Globus DTN names:
|Globus DTN||NeSI Filesystem|
|nesi#pan_auckland||Pan cluster fileystem|
|nesi#otago-dtn01||High Capacity Research Storage Cluster, U of Otago|
|nesi#otago-dtn02||High Capacity Research Storage Cluster, U of Otago|
|nesi#otago-dtn03||High Capacity Research Storage Cluster, U of Otago|
|nesi#otago-dtn04||Otago AWS Endpoint|
|nesi#otago-dtn-chc01||High Capacity Research Storage Cluster, Christchurch Campus|
|nesi#otago-dtn-wlg01||High Capacity Research Storage Cluster, Wellington Campus|
|Plant and Food Research iRODS instance||Plant and Food Research iRODS instance|
3) Be aware of Globus paths (see Globus-Paths-Permissions-Storage-Allocation if necessary).
4) Note: If you are accessing data on the Otago HCS, use the endpoint nesi#otago-dtn01 but in order to access this filesystem, you will need to register for access to nesi#otago-dtn01
Transfer Data between cluster nodes
- Sign in to https://www.globus.org with your id. You will be taken to the transfer page https://www.globus.org/app/transfer
Select the endpoints you wish to move files between (start typing "nesi#" to see the list of NeSI DTNs to select from). Authenticate via Tuakiri.
- Globus defaults to your home directory (maximum storage 2GB) . Navigate your path to an appropriate directory (see Globus Paths, Permissions, Storage Allocation ).
- Transfer the files.
- Check your email for confirmation the job has succeeded.
Transfer Data between your personal computer and cluster nodes
At Otago and Auckland Universities, you cannot currently transfer files between your personal globus endpoint and the local NeSI cluster endpoint from within the University (behind firewall).