- Have a NeSI account.
- Be a member of an active project.
- Have set up your NeSI account password.
- Have a device with an authentication app.
In order to generate your second factor, which you will require in order to access to any NeSI cluster, you will need a device with an authentication app, such as Authy or Google Authenticator installed on your device (generally a smartphone, but there are also authentication apps which work through the browser like Authy).
If you some reason you can't do this, please contact NeSI support.
Linking a device to your account
Log in to My NeSI via your browser.
Click My HPC Account on left hand panel and then Setup Two-Factor Authentication device
- Click the "Setup Two-Factor Authentication device" link.
- After clicking on "Continue" you will retrieve the QR code.
- Open your Authy or Google Authenticator app and click on the add button and select "Scan a barcode". Alternatively, if you are not able to scan the barcode from your device you can manually enter the provided authentication code into your authentication app.
The second-factor token
The 6 digit code displayed on your app can now be used as the second factor in the authentication process.
This code rotates every 30 seconds, and it can only be used once. This means that you can only try logging in to the lander node once every 30 seconds.