- All proposals except those awarded for Proposal Development are reviewed by a Technical Qualification Panel (TQP) on a schedule that differs according to Allocation Class. The purpose of this assessment is to:
- Assign the proposal to one of the NeSI Project Classes and confirm that the proposal meets all assessment criteria;
- Determine the technical feasibility of the proposed research, taking account of the research team’s experience;
- Determine which NeSI platform is best able to meet the needs of the proposed research (the fit-for-purpose assessment);
- Propose a core-h (Mahuika) or node-h (Maui) HPC allocation, and/or a GPU-h allocation consistent with both the maximum allocations available for each Allocation Class and the Total resource available to allocate;
- Set a storage quota on the
/home(for the Project Owener and Co-Is) and
- Determine what support, if any, may be required from the Applications Support Team, and/or the Computational Science Team.
- In the case of Applications for an Institutional Project allocation (Collaborator or Subscriber), the results of the TQP’s assessment are passed to the relevant Institution to finalise the Project Allocations.
- The Applicant is informed of the outcome of the review and allocation process.