- You must have a MyNeSI Account.
Fill in a NeSI Project application using the form on the my.nesi site.
Applications are reviewed on a regular basis - see the schedule here.
If you are a member of NIWA please also ensure that you have also read and followed the NIWA internal documentation for gaining access to the HPC's before applying for your NeSI project. You will only be able to access the link from behind the NIWA VPN.
Information you will need to provide
During the application process, we will ask you for the following information:
- Your name, institutional affiliation (i.e. your employer or place of study), role at your institution, a contact telephone number, and work email address
- The title of your proposed NeSI HPC Project, and a brief abstract describing your project's goals
- The scientific domain and field of study (i.e. subdomain) your project belongs to
- The date on which you plan to start your computational work on NeSI (not the start date of the research programme as a whole, or of the research programme's current or expected funding)
- Details of how your project is funded (this will help determine whether you are eligible for an allocation from our Merit class)
- Your previous HPC experience
- Whether you would like expert scientific programming support on your project
- Who else will be working on the proposed NeSI HPC Project with you
- What software you intend to use on the NeSI HPCs.
You will also be given an opportunity to tell us anything else you think is relevant.